Hij komt eraan: de Absolutely Fabulous-film.
Prachtig nieuws, maar we moeten nog wel even wachten: pas later dit jaar wordt de prent in de bioscopen verwacht. Om de wachttijd te verzachten, alvast de 13 beste quotes uit Absolutely Fabulous, de serie, op een rij.
1. Eddie (tegen haar dochter Saffy): ‘Just do whatever you want.’
Eddie: ‘But as your mother, I cannot be held responsible for your well-being.’
Saffy: ‘Ow! She burned me with her cigarette!’
2. Eddie: 'In this body there is a thin person dying to get out.'
Gran: 'Just the one dear?'
3. Patsy: 'One snap of my fingers and I can raise hemlines so high the world's your gynecologist.'
4. Patsy: ‘Well…you know the other day when you said you might die?’
Eddie: ‘Yeah, well I might not be now…I’m looking into it.’
5. Patsy: 'Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously.'
6. Eddie: ‘This is a …sort of…corpse…in an open, oaken, oblong coffin…with a silk lining….It’s a dead body, Pats.’
Patsy: ‘Yeah, but is it art, Eddie?’
Eddie: ‘No, sweetie, it’s my father.’
Patsy: ‘Are you sure?!?’
Eddie: ‘…I think so. I’ve never seen him in a suit before.’
7. Patsy: 'The last mosquito that bit me had to book in to the Betty Ford clinic.'
8. Patsy: 'Meg Ryan, movie star?! I'll be the judge of that.'
9. Eddie: ‘All right, time for another little drinkie before we go?’
Saffy: ‘Where are you going?’
Eddie: ‘New York.’
Saffy: ‘I didn’t think they let people with convictions in.’
Eddie: ‘Darling, it’s not a conviction.’
Patsy: ‘Just a firm belief.’
10. Eddie: 'You only work in a shop, you know. You can drop the attitude.'
11. Patsy, nadat Eddie is gearresteerd voor het stelen van alcohol: 'My name is Patsy Stone and I am an alcoholic, and what she did was an act of humanitarian mercy.'
12. Eddie: 'Sweetie, what are you drinking?'
Patsy: 'Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.'
13. Eddie: 'We'll go on public transport, Pats.'
Patsy: 'Are you mad? I've got nothing to wear on public transport.'