1. 'You don't want to break up with someone, you don't want to end a marriage, especially if you really like the person; you just know that something's off so you try to change everything else.' — Olivia Wilde, in een interview over haar scheiding van Tao Ruspoli.
2. 'The end of a marriage has got to be one of the saddest events one can experience. I've heard that the pain [of divorce] is second only to an actual death in the family, and that sounds about right.' — Danica McKellar, over haar scheiding van Mike Verta, op haar website.
3. 'Looking back, I feel like I was really young, and at the time I didn't think that I was that young. It was extremely traumatic and awful and horrible. At the same time, it turned out for the best. I'm glad that I'm not there. I'm glad that it didn't happen when I was 50. I'm glad I didn't have kids. And I got that out of the way. Hopefully. Like, that's probably not going to happen again.' — Elisabeth Moss, over haar scheiding van Fred Armisen, in New York Magazine.
4. 'There's no pain or failure like going through a divorce.' — Jennifer Lopez, over haar scheiding van Marc Anthony, in de docu Jennifer Lopez: Dance Again.
5. 'I feel I know now more of what I need in a relationship, what I want in a relationship. And I know I have more tools to communicate, not just with my partner, but with myself. That's not necessarily any reflection of who I was married to or what was happening in my marriage, but really where I was in my life.' — Scarlett Johansson, over haar scheiding van Ryan Reynolds in Glamour.
6.'In my divorce, I stood up and said to my ex-wife, "Hey, I messed up. This had nothing to do with you. I didn't understand what marriage was. I cheated. I was wrong." We couldn't fix it; it got worse. I stepped away because I didn't want it to get any worse. "You're the mother of my kids — I don't want to hate you."'— Kevin Hart, over zijn scheiding van Torrei Hart in Upscale Magazine.
7.'It was like a death in the family: You go through the mourning stage, then the rebellion, and then all of a sudden you have to find life by yourself.' — Jessica Simpson, over haar scheiding van Nick Lachey, in Glamour.
8.'I think that divorce is hard for anyone. It's a nightmare, it just is, and you can pretend you're fine. And days you're great [and] days you're not great.' — Nicole Kidman over haar scheiding van Tom Cruise, tegen Oprah.
9. 'People say, "Oh, God, how devastating to go through a divorce." Did I wish for this to happen to my family? No. But everyone is healthy; we're moving on with our lives.' — Heidi Klum, over haar scheiding van Seal, in Marie Claire.
10. 'Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain, but you come out of it.' — Ryan Reynolds, over zijn scheiding van Scarlett Johansson, in Details.
11. 'There are many stages of grief. It's sad, something coming to an end. It cracks you open, in a way—cracks you open to feeling. When you try to avoid the pain, it creates greater pain. I'm a human being, having a human experience in front of the world. I wish it weren't in front of the world. I try really hard to rise above it.' — Jennifer Aniston, over haar scheiding van Brad Pitt, in Vanity Fair.
12. 'Divorce in and of itself, and with children, is devastating. Worse than that. One of the reasons why we got back together and broke up so much was trying to keep the family together. If you've got kids, it's a family, and you try again, and you try again. We did that for a long time.' — Robin Wright, over haar scheiding van Sean Penn, in Telegraph.
13. '[Divorce] was emotionally traumatic for me. It was the death of a dream. I was in fairy tale land, and the reality of it wasn't so. But I don't really like talking about it anymore, because it feels like a thousand lifetimes ago, and also it makes me look desperate, like I need it for attention.' — Katy Perry, over haar scheiding van Russell Brand, in Rolling Stone.
14.'The process of discovering with somebody that you love that you don't work is so painful.' — Kate Hudson, over haar scheiding van Chris Robinson, in Vogue.
15. 'It's one of the pains in my life that something I believe in so strongly I've completely failed at twice. You have to have two people to dance a marriage. My heart's a little on the tender side right now, and it's always easier to focus on the ways that you feel hurt, but I know that, with time and some perspective, I'll have a clearer sense of where I let the system down, because there's no way I get off in this.' — Jennifer Garner, over haar scheiding van Ben Affleck, in Vanity Fair.
16. 'It's like losing someone. And all of a sudden, the sadness hits me out of nowhere. It's a loss of hope, it's just...it's a loss of hope.' — Kaley Cuoco, over haar scheiding van Ryan Sweeting, in Cosmopolitan.